The brilliant red and gold leaves finally fell from our maple trees this week. The kids had a blast jumping in them as Trent raked them up, taking advantage of the gorgeous, sunny weather.
So it sure feels like fall. Buuut it’s not — well, at least according to the retail world! Team members were decorating the display Christmas trees at Target on Beggars’ Night (the night before Halloween when kids go trick or treating in Central Iowa). And Starbucks released its holiday drinks this weekend.
Then again, I feel like really anything goes this year! We didn’t get our pumpkins painted (couldn’t carve them because they were frozen + painting’s way easier) until November 1, and I didn’t feel one bit guilty or weird about it. Cue Sheryl Crow, “If it makes you happy….”!
Thus here are my fave fall finds of the year, one of the most wonderful times of the year for my tastebuds. I seriously get giddy scoring pumpkin/spice flavored goodies and stock up to get me through until next year.
Love pumpkin spice too and wondering what to throw in the cart and what to leave on the shelf? I’ve got you!
My Fave Fall Finds
Fall is not complete at my house without these. Stock up!
- Milkhouse Creamery’s Brown Butter Pumpkin Candle--This is what fall smells like to me. I’m especially loving this “Thankful” edition. Soy wax/beeswax scented with “rich pumpkin puree blended with browned butter, toasted nutmeg, and cinnamon, then swirled with sweet vanilla cream and brown sugar”
- Mrs. Meyer’s Apple Cider multi-surface cleaner (Target). I used to also get the line’s soaps until I converted to…
- Trader Joe’s foaming Apple Cider soap, because I prefer my soap (and lattes!) foamy and the spice in the scent
- Native Pumpkin Spice Latte deodorant (Target). This year I upped my PSL game to include personal care items! The deo is a keeper, but leave the body wash on the shelf.
Grocery (all from Target unless otherwise noted)
- Califia Farms’ Better Half Pumpkin Spice Creamer. Find it in the refrigerated section, but it’s shelf-stable.
- Tazo Pumpkin Spice Chai
- Archer Farms’ Maple Crunch Granola and Apple Cinnamon Pecan Trail Mix (the kids love the Candy Corn version)
- Ben & Jerry’s Cinnamon Bun Dough
- Starbucks’ Maple Pecan coffee
- La Colombe’s Pumpkin Spice Draft Latte
- Noosa Pumpkin yogurt (or make your own with plain or vanilla Greek yogurt and canned pumpkin/maple syrup or Trader Joe’s pumpkin butter and lots of pumpkin spice topping, of course!)
- Trader Joe’s Cinnamon Bun Spread, Pumpkin Butter
- Southern Grove Snickerdoodle Almonds (Aldi)
Trader Joe’s Fall Haul
Trader Joe’s is my fave one-stop shop for fall flavors! Look for these goodies to show up on shelves in early September, and stock up (reasonably). One of my faves, Pumpkin Body Butter, was sold out by October! Tip: If you really want to be sure not to miss out, just ask a crew member when they are expecting anything you’re looking for. And did you know you can call and ask them to put things on hold?!
And things I forgot…
Pumpkin Target Run
Target would be next on my list — not because of the selection as much as it’s my go-to store for convenient one-stop shopping. However, it does carry some of my faves. And it’s free ship-to-home and drive up options are awesome.
Autumn at Aldi
After one taste of Southern Grove’s Snickerdoodle flavored almonds that someone brought into my office, I was hooked and headed to Aldi. Fall is the only time I venture there, and its Park Street Deli Sea Salt Caramel Hummus is now on my “musts” list, as are the Maple Sea Salt Rx bars (also at TJ’s).
These cute Jack-O-Lantern pizzas helped save Halloween, which like nearly everything else, looked a bit different for us this year. Thankfully, the kids understood and really got into our Halloween celebrations, which included our festive supper, trick-or-treating throughout our house, watching the annual tale of No Noggin’ (Curious George: A Halloween Boo Fest), pumpkin cinnamon rolls, pumpkin painting and a Halloween scavenger hunt by minivan! And even though we didn’t need it to warm us up after Beggars’ Night, we still enjoyed our traditional hot caramel apple cider. I probably should’ve included Trader Joe’s Spiced Cider in my “Faves” list. With no added sugars or preservatives and just the right touch of spice, it’s also shelf stable! Take it to the next level by warming it on the stove and stirring in Trader Joe’s Fleur de Sel Caramel sauce, which is thankfully available year-round and top with whipped cream!
Happy Fall, Y’all
My husband and I don’t share the same political views, and we’re fans of rival sports teams. But we agree on what really matters — that the Christmas season doesn’t start until after Thanksgiving!
With that said, Happy Fall Y’all — until 12 a.m. on Black Friday! Go get yo’selves what’s left of these gourdgeous finds!
Leave a Reply